10. The first universities were all Catholic … Catholic Colleges/Universities (CCUs) are not new to higher education. The Roman Catholic Church (est. A.D. 33) started higher education institutions in A.D. 1088. Yup … they have been “at it” for over 900 years. No one else can make that claim.
9. Built on the 2,000 year-old foundation of the Catholic intellectual tradition … recognizing man’s journey is to discover the Truth not to create it.
8. Advocates for your continuing questions—keep asking “why”—as you gain insight bringing together faith and reason in a “uni-versity” or integrated approach to seeking the Truth … no need to stop because, “s/he says.”
7. Provides an environment that helps you to consider how your actions contribute to the Common Good … regardless of your faith tradition.
6. Teaches you how to think and act with reason in the context of something larger than yourself … what you do always counts.
5. Encourages you to think about and act upon service towards others as a way of life … how to be selfless instead of selfish.
4. Supports the development of life-long habits that encourage a happy and healthy lifestyle … leading to a long and productive existence.
3. Forms—not just informs—you for a career and for a life that excels in virtue. Most businesses are seeking employees who are intelligent, honest, and caring … as are colleagues … as are spouses … as are children … as are neighbors … as are real friends.
2. Offers an experience geared to helping you determine your life’s purpose … not just how you will earn a living.
1. Focus is on the whole person: intellectual, physical, spiritual, and social … life will insist you are prepared in all four dimensions.